Our Advice forum is the place where members get answers and exchange advice. Sharing your expertise is a great way to build community and showcase your skills, which often leads to new business opportunities. That said, we created this list of dos and don’ts to keep this a valued resource for all members:
- Respect others
- Ask for help or advice
- Ask for recommendations
- Show what you know by adding a comment
- Like and share great advice from others
- Assume good intentions
- Keep it business-related
- Connect with people who have been helpful
- Report inappropriate comments
- Remember this is a public forum
- Respect others (again)
- Add a signature (email, website, phone number) to your comments. Your profile is already linked to your answer or question.
- Post political, controversial, or misleading questions
- Post outside links to blog posts or surveys
- Promote your business, including posting about your products and services, and events and promotions (save that for your profile)
- Tell people to buy from you
- Use obscene or inflammatory language
- Share private information (phone numbers, email addresses, etc.)
- Add links to non-relevant or inappropriate websites
- Rant about non-business-related issues
- POST IN ALL CAPS
The Advice forum is moderated by our members and employees. Personal insults, verbal attacks, and offensive, disrespectful, or abusive messages will be edited or deleted at our discretion. Repeated violations may result in your account being deactivated.
Before you start posting, ask yourself these four questions:
- Have I searched for the question to see if someone has already asked it?
- Am I just looking to promote my business? If yes, the Advice forum isn’t the right place. Post promotions on your profile for your whole network to see!
- Is your question for the general public or your community? If you’re looking for answers from your local community, post your question in your local forum!
- Are you having trouble with something on your profile or need customer support? If so, please visit the Alignable Help Center.
Now go enjoy your time in our Advice forum, asking questions and sharing your know-how. Chances are good you’ll be back many times and will forge some strong, friendly business relationships with other members there, too. It’s a popular resource, make the most of it!