Making sure you keep your network up to date is very important to maintaining relationships and having those relationships convert into referrals via word-of-mouth. This article will help in teaching you how to refer, recommend, message, or remove a connection.
How to refer your connections on Alignable to others?
- Find your list of connections by going clicking My Network and then clicking on Connections in the left-hand side menu.
There you'll find your:
Core Referral Network: made up of businesses that you have exchanged recommendations with.
- Connections: businesses you have successfully connected with.
- Pending: businesses you've sent connection requests to, but have not accepted.
- To refer to a connection click the Refer button. If the refer button does not appear, click (...) and click Refer.
- Type in the name or the email of the person you'd like to refer to this connection too.
- Add your personal message of why you refer this person
- Click Forward Referral Card
How to message your connections?
You have a few options in terms of how to message a connection:
- My Network: On the My Network page, click Message on the connection you'd like to message.
- Chat Bubble: Click the purple Plus button on the chat window in the bottom-right corner of your screen and find the connection you'd like to message.
- Messages: Go to the Messages page in the top purple navigation menu. Click + New Message and find the connection you want to message.
How to recommend your connections?
You have a few options for recommending a connection on Alignable.
- My Network: Go to the My Network page and click Recommend next to the business you'd like to recommend. If it does not appear, click on the (...) button.
- Favorite Businesses: Recommend the businesses you trust using the favorite businesses page.
- Your Connection's Profile: Go to the profile of the connection you want to recommend. Use Search to find them. Click Recommend at the top of their profile.
Remember that recommendations don't appear on the profile you are sending them to until the receiving business accepts the recommendation and makes it public.
How to remove a connection from your Alignable Network?
Finding Your Network
Click Here to see a list of your connections.
Now that you've found your connections...
Now that you've reached the My Network connections page, you will be able to see three distinct sections of the page:
Core Referral Network: Your Core Referral Network is made up of businesses that you have exchanged recommendations with.
- Connections: Your connections are the businesses you have successfully connected with.
- Following: After you send a connection request to a business but before they accept, this business will be marked as following.
For businesses you are connected with, you can:
On Alignable, you can refer one connection to another connection or contact using the Alignable referral card as seen below:
Within the My Network connections page you can message a specific connection as seen below:
If you are looking to recommend a specific connection, follow these steps:
- Click .
- Make sure to add why you recommend them by adding a reason as seen below.
If you are looking at how to remove a connection from your network, you can follow these steps:
- Click on the button.
- Click "Remove Connection."
Members you are "Following" are members you have sent connection requests to that have yet to Accept or Ignore those requests. At this time, you cannot un-send a connection request, or remove a member from the "Following" section.